Q: I have been asked by my boss to find a way for evaluating the performance of the Machines in our factory and I found the implementation of OEE is the best way. Now I have some questions about how to define OEE, I have been following this website which helps me a lot.
Q: Can OEE be used or adapted for use in the oil and gas industry? Are there any concrete examples of how the metric can be used successfully, either off or on-shore?
Q: My OEE goes over 100%. What did I do wrong?
SMED – Single Minute Exchange of Dies
A real life shopfloor SMED workshop to reduce changeover time by 50 to 90%
2 days “Shopfloor Management with OEE” Workshop
How to use OEE as a central steering instrument in the daily operation.
- What can be made visible with OEE?
- Can we accept the consequences of seeing nasty things?
- Turning discovered ‘nasty things’ into great opportunities
- Psychology of Reporting
- Who is reporting what to whom?
- Understanding what ‘daily management’ means
- What can daily management look like?
- Agreeing on the achieved results
- Who will be where and when? Defining the agenda’s
- Defining the reports
- Agreement on roles and rules
“Shopfloor management with OEE” is a practical workshop. It covers not only useful theory but also leaves the team with all preparations done to start next day
What is Shopfloor Management?
Get everybody on board for OEE
3,5 hours OEE Kick-off event for all manufacturing staff members and shopfloor teams;
30 – 100+ participants
Content OEE Kick-off event
Overview of the improvement strategy based on OEE
- What is OEE?
- For what problem is OEE a solution?
- How to calculate OEE?
- Steering the operation based on OEE
- Learn how to abuse OEE when you are a manager (and why that does not makes sense)
- What is to be achieved
- Questions of the team
Goal: bringing the site to a mutual understanding of basic concepts around OEE; taking away misconceptions and fears, creating support for changes
OEE Implementation on 1 to 4 machines, within one week:
- Installation of OEE software for data-entry and analyses
- OEE awareness training for complete factory population (30 – 100+ participants)
- OEE definitions, together with shopfloor teammembers and teamleaders
- Implementaion of the definitions in the software
- Determination and validation of maximum speed definitions
- Setting up a data-collection methodology
- Training of the shopfloor team
- Testrun in life production
- Presentation of first loss-visualisations
- 100 Days action plan for implementation of daily shopfloor management based on OEE
2,5 hours OEE shopfloor training for the production team;
4 – 8 participants of the shopfloor team
- The team knows how to register common situations
- Users can interpreting the numbers
- Everybody knows how to responding to different situations
- You know how to abuse OEE (and why that does not makes sense)
- There is agreement what is to be achieved
- Questions of the team are answered
Goal: Creating a team that understands what OEE is, why it is used, what the advantages are. The team has no more ‘old school misconceptions’ about OEE.
Q: What is the role of the management in OEE? Why should we inform them? Continue reading
Q: Why and when should we give operators feedback? Continue reading